IT Service Technician – Field Tech Support (Level I)
Proposed workdays and times:
- Monday – Saturdays 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Possible dates/times of work listed above. Based on availability only. Not required to work 6 days per week.
- Subject to change with some variation of possible rotation, weekends, nights, OT.
- 40-mile travel range.
- Primary work locations:
- [New York, NY (NYC), Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens NY United States].
- Remote; work-from-home
- Client offices & locations.
- 100% travel within territory assigned.
To be successful in this team you will:
- Possess specific technical interest in the Computer Service & Support & Information Technology industry.
- Be able to work in the field and travel to Webb3D clients & customers locations and offices via public transportation.
- Possess strong customer service skills, basic technical knowledge regarding applications, hardware, software & networking.
- Willing to train the right person interested in pursuing a career in Information Technology.
- Ability to communicate with clients, customers, vendors & 3rd party companies.
- Ability to work inside office environments, computer technology areas & secure access locations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Logical decision-making skills required.
- Ability to document process & procedures based on daily workloads and responsibilities.
- High school Diploma (or equivalent)
- Have a valid driver’s license and driving record that satisfies DN’s fleet requirements.
- Required to take New York City Public Transportation or use your own vehicle when required.
Physical & Technical Requirements: This is both a Technical & physical job.
You should have the following abilities:
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must work in close quarters within and around the computer & network related IT equipment.
- Familiarity with computer operating systems (Windows & Mac environments).
- Ability to successfully pass background and drug testing.
- Travel to and from assigned territories and company facilities, including during inclement weather, is essential.
- Reliable transportation.
In the Field: Every day brings something different, so Field Techs should be comfortable in a lot of different settings, for example:
- Outside in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Consistent and punctual attendance. The ability to work overtime, weekends, second shifts or participate in an on-call rotation when scheduled.
- Out of the box thinkers. You must be able to work with little supervision and have the ability to apply common sense, technical experience, and the theory towards solving and decision making.
IT Service Technician – Field Tech Support (Level I)
Join our dynamic service team for this position. Depending on your assigned projects, you will provide services, repairs and technical maintenance for computers, laptops, network, server, desktop & retail point of sale (POS) equipment, plus related PC and PC peripherals on customer premises or locations. Our internal training process consists of on the-job/field onsite training as you might expect, but also formal classroom, virtual and self-paced training for extensive professional development opportunities.
You are responsible for:
Seeking person that has two plus years of experience performing End-User Desktop Support services & support. Troubleshoot in Windows & Mac operating system environment. Diagnosis & Repair both hardware & software issues affecting computer equipment & printers. Procedure documentation & reporting. Perform Windows Deployment projects such as Migrations, re-imaging, resolve blue screen problems, Prioritizing and planning service calls on per shift basis & weekly reports will be maintained and discussed during scheduled meetings.
Moves, Adds, Changes, Installs, Builds, and imaging computer desktops & laptops small, medium or large enterprise office environment. Candidates will be working on equipment moves, break-down & setups. Windows & Mac computer desktop deployment projects, differentiated deployments, moves, adds and changes, network equipment installations & various site surveys. Software applications & Hardware installation & troubleshooting based work.
-Works within a team environment, completes all required paperwork, manages, and maintains service parts inventory
-Contacting the customer with the estimated time of arrival
-Working with customers to ensure satisfaction with service delivery and understanding of product functionality
-Following proper security related procedures & protocols as provided.
What is your goal? Many of our new technicians are looking for an opportunity to develop their skills and pursue a career with our nationwide service organization. Our technicians come from all backgrounds and experience levels. If you are new to the role, our training program will give you the skills needed to become proficient servicing Information Technology computers & equipment.
What is the Role? IT Service Technician – Field Tech Support (Level I) [1099-Contractor] respond to basic customer requests for computer & technology related equipment issues. Candidates will be a part of a team and a territory where customer requests will be assigned throughout the day. Using provided tools and repair kits, you will travel to customer sites to resolve the issue. Our entry level technicians respond to 5-8 calls per day (average) across their service & support locations.
Primary work location [Bronx, NY 10462 United States]. 100% travel within territory assigned.
Job Types: 1099, Part-Time or Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $40.00/per hour
- Not at this time.
- 1099 Contractor status
- Varies per project, service ticket.
- Can work up to 8-hour shift.
- End-User Desktop Support & Service – 3 years (Required).
- Hardware Installations & Repair: 3 years (Required)
- Software Application & Troubleshooting: 3 years (Required)
- IT Equipment Repair – Computer, Laptops & Printers: 3 years (Required)
- Network Installation, Troubleshooting – 3 years (Required)
- Have a reliable desktop or laptop computer system for your use.
- Consistent & reliable Internet connection. Wi-Fi.
Willingness to travel:
- 40% (Preferred)
Work Location: Both remote & on-site & in-person; varies.
Who you are matters here – we’re committed to growing a workplace that reflects our communities and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement.
We also support those individuals who were formerly incarcerated in the state or federal prison system. Case-by-case evaluation based on circumstance, personal aspiration & merit.
Speak with the employer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org